Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Shopping Fun In Jonesboro

I went shopping this past weekend in search for the final piece needed for my one year old son's room, a mirror. After searching for several months, I finally found the "right one" at Pier One. They had a new shipment of mirrors come in and I was so excited that my exhausting hunt was over. After bringing it home and placing it in Heath's room, I felt the time and wait was well worth it.

After scoring the mirror, I headed over to Baby Gap at Turtle Creek Mall to save 45% with a special coupon I received via email.  Looked like the local economy was doing good. The mall was bustling with people and shoppers were buying.  For my profession, signs of a good economy makes for a delightful view.

My last stop was at WEEKENDS by Gamble Home Furnishings.  After visiting their website and blog, I've been wanting to stop in their store and check it out for a while.  My buyer clients' often ask me what local furniture stores I recommend, so I like to check out all the stores in Jonesboro.  Plus, furniture and home accessories are my two favorite things to shop for.  Upon entering, I knew I was in trouble.  I immediately spotted several pieces I liked and some I knew a few friends would like as well.  I sell a lot of European style homes and this place is a great find for imported "old world" flair items.  They also carry modern, chic and shabby!  From pottery to imported cabinets, rugs to abstract paintings, elegant dining to stylish bedroom furniture, or casual living items to exotic outdoor pieces, you'll find a treasure(s) here for sure.  Prices are great too...always a plus!!!  I'm so glad I stopped in and the retail clerks were very friendly and helpful.  When I left, I didn't leave empty handed and neither will you.  It's almost a guarantee you'll find something you just have to have.

WEEKENDS by Gamble Home Furnishings is located at 5301 HWY 49 between Jonesboro and Brookland.  Coming from Jonesboro, they'll be on the right.  They are open for business Friday, Saturday and Sunday.   Expansion plans are underway too.  They are expanding their store by adding an additional 10,000 more sq. ft. to their showroom.  To find out more about WEEKENDS by Gamble Home Furnishings, you can visit their website at www.weekendsgamble.com/  Even though it's a nice site, the photos do not paint a true picture of their showroom items.  You truly have to see and shop in person.

Below are some pics I snapped with my phone for a friend who was looking for old world pieces and outdoor pottery.

Happy Shopping!












No comments:

Post a Comment