Friday, October 1, 2010

Jonesboro Newcomers' Club

As a Realtor, I have sold many homes to families who have transferred to Jonesboro from another area or state. I have found for some women this can be very stressful and a lonely time. They miss their friends back home, involvement in the community, and just miss "girl" companionship.   I have spent many lunches and hours on the phone sympathizing with such women who all became friends of mine.   I just found out and am excited about The Jonesboro Newcomers' Club.  I love the concept! It is to help ease womens transition into Jonesboro. They have a monthly meeting with a short program, snacks and visiting. The group also has activities during the month for members, such as, Bunko, Bridge, Play Group, Lunch Bunch.   They always meet the 1st Thursday of the month at the Jonesboro Library Round Room at 7 pm. You can visit their facebook page for upcoming programs and further information.  In the future, I will suggest this group to every woman who is a newcomer to Jonesboro. 

"> Visit their facebook page by clicking here

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment